View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Unreasonably long wait times at the Verizon Store. 2 HOUR wait for a 5 MIN answer.
audiomagnate

It's actually easier to get an audience with the pope than to get through to Verizon tech support. I'm shopping for a different carrier today. Even worse to the half hour hold times is the text message Verizon sends out when you try to contact technical support via *611:

QUOTE===============================================================================

VZW Free Msg: For technical support and troubleshooting for this phone, call 800-922-0204 from another phone. Enter this phone's number when asked.

END OF QUOTE========================================================================

When you call 800-922-0204 you find that the folks at Verizon have played a trick on you, and that there is no technical support offered at that number. Worse yet, there is an automated message tell you to call, - I kid you not - 800-922-0204!  This is not a "glitch" in the system. It has been set up this way for YEARS now. Some sick minded exec found a way to reduce call volume at the tech support center by giving out an incorrect phone number on purpose. Why would I want to have a phone with a company that pulls dirty tricks its own customers? The only way to get through to technical support is to call 800-verizon and wait on hold for half an hour or more, which is also deplorable. The people who came up with this amazingly creative solution to reducing call volume should be put in jail. Instead, they probably got bonuses. Well done Verizon, you're actually creepier than Cablevision now!

0 Likes