View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Unreasonably long wait times at the Verizon Store. 2 HOUR wait for a 5 MIN answer.
sky5683

Well, as an update, I called Verizon Customer Service who were much more agreeable and allow early upgrades all the time. I was about to purchase my new phone, but told them to note it in my account and I'd pick it up at the store instead, since I wanted it that day.

At the store, they informed me that they would not honor the early upgrade I was promised on the phone, even though it was clearly stated in my account information. Apparently, the manager has final say. I had them call Customer Service, which apparently was an hour wait for them. Customer Service apologized for the manager's actions, but could not do anything since it was ultimately in the manager's hands. I ended up having to order it through Customer Service.

Long story short:

- Never ever go to the Verizon Store. Verizon Customer Service can actually help you.

- There is a clear disconnect between the Verizon Store and Verizon Customer Service. The fact that there is no direct line where the store can call customer service clearly shows this.

To respond to jroeder:

1. I expect them to tell me when I first get there, the wait might be 2 hours, at which point, I would of just left. Rather, they kept telling me I'd be helped soon...for 2 hours.

2. Early upgrade is an option most carriers offer (Including Verizon). Now, if Pep Boys were to do my oil changes and suddenly tell me that they won't top off my wiper fluid anymore, I would simply get my oil changed elsewhere that did.

0 Likes