View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Unreasonably long wait times at the Verizon Store. 2 HOUR wait for a 5 MIN answer.
Not applicable

jroeder wrote:

triady wrote:

What???

If Pepboys had many millions of customers, as Verizon does, they would have to massively expand their capabilities to service their customers in a reasonable time frame.My post was an analogy, not a simile. I was not comparing the companies but offering a seperate view of the same situation How many people do you think would wait 2 hours + for an oil change? Not many. I know I wouldn't. But it has nothing to do with the time frame, it's the fact that the OP thinks he should be able to get help faster than other customers because he is LOYAL. Which would mean if there was a 2 hour wait, new customers would have to wait even longer because Verizon or Pep boys or wherever would service all LOYAL customers first.

And, the profit margin for oil changes is far less than that for Verizon, who now claims what??? They "afford? to provide faster customer service??? Verizon can only make assumtions as to how many customers will call in at any specific time so if more customers call in that what what expected, it will lead to long hold times.Please don't expect us to buy that silly company line!!!

We may be restrained from switching carriers because there are a limited number; oil changes can be done at many places.

Keep in mind that hi tech companies are relatively new. As they mature, customer loyalty will in fact be determined by customer service levels just as they are with automotive service and most other businesses.

The "company line" here just doesn't deal with reality. How  foolish do the think we are?

The OP thinks being loyal, he should be serviced quicker. Which would mean he gets to jump in the front of the line being a loyal customer.

All I was getting at is that if ANY company services LOYAL customers before new customers, it will decrease the amount of new business earned.

The analogy showed what would happen if Pep Boys were to implement that business idea.

I think you overthought that one a bit champ Smiley Happy

Good Luck

If I ask 100 Verizon customers if they are "loyal" at least 99 will say yes.

0 Likes