View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Unreasonably long wait times at the Verizon Store. 2 HOUR wait for a 5 MIN answer.
sky5683

I've been a loyal customer with Verizon for over 6 years. 3 years ago, I signed up with a Droid Razr Maxx. My phone is qualified for an upgrade every year. Recently, the other person on the phone wanted an IPhone 5, so I let her use my upgrade. Her upgrade is due in May.

I lost my phone over the weekend. I came into the Verizon store and after a grueling 2 HOUR wait, I was told in less than 5 minutes, my options:

-Pay $100 deductible for a phone I can get on ebay for less than that.

-Wait till May for an upgrade

-Pay full price for a phone.

What I wanted to do was buy a Samsung Note 3 and tack on the extra time to the end of my contract since I don't replace my phones very often anyway. It is only 2 months. However, they told me that used to be an option before people abuse it.

I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with Verizon, to which I've been a loyal customer for the greater part of a decade, for the following:

-Unreasonably long wait times

-Stringent rules that seem to be in place because of those who abuse it. For the rest of us who did not, we get penalized.

I plan on switching from Verizon the first chance I get and encouraging those I know to do the same. This is simply an UNACCEPTABLE way to treat loyal customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes