View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
New customer - Difficulty Getting Support
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Prior to becoming a customer today, I had no problems with getting in contact with Verizon via chat. Now that I am a customer, I'm having a difficult time getting support. EVERY avenue of Verizon support is busy -- long hold times on the phone, no chat representatives available (all assisting others), long wait times in the store.

I had to provide additional documentation to get my account setup, and I was not informed that I would need additional documentation when I first came to the Verizon store on Feb. 21. I am porting over from another carrier, and got the go ahead from the other carrier on Feb. 28 to be able to switch. I came in to a Verizon store on Feb. 28 to setup service, but the computer system automatically placed a hold on the account and I had to provide additional documentation.

I could not get that documentation and come back before the store closed for the night. I came back March 1, and had to end up paying a higher price for the phone. I am fairly certain that in the month of February, the Droid MAXX was $99.99 and I can at least confirm that by using web.archive.org and looking back to Feb. 25 where it does show that price with a 2-year contract. Going to verizonwireless.com today now shows the phone for $149.99.

The difficulty in getting support lies with not being able to get the price adjusted in the store. I went to another store, and after being there for at least 20 minutes, I hadn't moved up in the queue. I tried online chat, but all agents were busy. I called phone support, but encountered a wait for assistance on the phone. I lastly tried Twitter support, but it seems the VZWSupport account was last active on Feb. 26.

Labels (1)
0 Likes