View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Surprise charges
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I'm tired of debating things about MB billing and how **bleep** and uncustomer friendly it is. But I would like to clarify one point that Decklife made.

Decklife said: "If the company computers can discern when a minute of cell phone time is billable (going beyond the purchased minute plan), the customer could certainly be told - in real time.. Why people can't be alerted when they are going over their plan is beyond me"

Please realize that airtime is not charged in realtime like you're thinking. So when you're using your phone and you go above your 700min (just an example) it's not charging you at that time for minutes above 700. The airtime charges are not calculated until the end of your billing cycle. The billing system goes off an airtime heirarchy for your lines. Meaning the Primary number gets first dibbs on the mintues, the next highest user will get second and so on. None of this can be calculated until the end of the billing cycle.

People can be notified about airtime overage, some customers do receive an automated text alert advising them of possible overage. Some people get this, some people don't. Why? I don't know because unfortunately I'm not a programmer for Verizon. But ultimately it's really not that hard for you, as the customer, to monitor your minute allowance. #MIN (#646) only takes a few moments to dial and read the text message that comes thru. It takes maybe 1 full minute to do that. 1 minute! And that 1 minute you spent checking your airtime can possibly save you hundreds of dollars. Isn't it worth it to stop your life and remember something just for 1 minute?

0 Likes