View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Petition Against VZW to Throttle 4G Unlimited Data Plans
BobScott
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am being throttled on my Unlimited Data Plan and have the Ookla Speedtest results as evidence.  I went to my local Verizon store and a representative told me that there were tower issues within my zip code area.  Went home and contacted Verizon via phone.  Spent 2 hours troubleshooting with a final explanation that I would be contacted via txt msg in the next 5 days.  During the 2 hours my phone was factory reset because of procedure the representative on the phone was required to follow in order to submit my problem to the next tier of support.  I wasted 2 1/2 hours jacking with Verizon (in store and on phone) when they know and I know that I'm being throttled. Additionally during the Ookla Speedtests I compared my data throughput with AT&T and US Celluar and they were 20 times faster than my VERIZON phone.

I received the promised Txt Msg about my Trouble Ticket within 2 days and it read:

FREE VZW MSG-DO NOT REPLY:

Your network ticket is resolved. Coverage in your area is marginal. Indoor signal will be weak & is not

guaranteed. Questions? Call 611

Is the below caution posted on entrances to the local Verizon Store????

BEWARE:  Marginal Coverage & Weak Indoor Signal is not guaranteed.

Today I traveled 90 miles north of my home town passing through a large town (same results as at home using Ookla Speedtest) with my destination being Oklahoma City.  I was assured by the local Verizon representative that if I was to travel away from the towers in my home area that the Download/Upload speeds would increase.  Wrong!!  I stopped
in at a Verizon Store on Pennsylvania Ave and asked a representative if he could run the Ookla speedtest on one of the Note 4 phones in the store with my Note 4 beside it, running Ookla speedtest,  he did.  The speeds were 6 times faster on the store Note 4 than my Note 4.  The store representative looked at me and asked if I was on the Unlimited Plan explaining that I’m probably being throttled.  I also have a Note 2 Samsung phone (not on my unlimited plan) and the speeds on it are equivalent to the speeds on the Note 4 from the OKC Verizon store.  The speeds of the Note 2 at my home are equivalent to the speeds of the Note 4 belong to the OKC Verizon store.

Unfortunately nothing can be done about this other than cancelling my plan and going to another service provider.  Verizon loses me as a customer and my measly monthly $190.61