View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Complaint about Verizon "Free Tablet" promotion
1976pianoman

Here's an update to my situation:

Verizon Wireless has a upper tier dept called the Verizon Wireless
Correspondence Team.  I sent them a certified letter explaining what went on, what laws were broken by the Porter Ranch Verizon store and what I am now prepared to do if they don't take action. Within a week of the date they received my letter, I got a call. They were very apologetic. They insisted that they do not support this kind of sales behavior at the store level. They were very curious to know the details of what went on and who at the store took part in it.  They are sending me a FedEx return label to return the tablets. They are refunding all the tablet related charges, as well as holding the Porter Ranch store accountable to pay back the commission they made on the fraudulent sale, including some sort of additional investigation and action taken against the sales person and the manager that lied to support the sales person.  Oddly enough,  the manager perjured herself when she lied on the account notes about what went on with the sale when she was trying to defend the fraud.  The investigation determined that what she said did not in fact not happen based on a forensic analysis of the contract.   It was a straight out lie, just like the sales pitch.  There was no reduction in the monthly fees to compensate for the tablets, and even if there had been, by law - this has to be disclosed at the point of sale.   

Verizon Wireless  at the corporate level is clearly a sound and ethical company that understands the law,  they just have some bad eggs at the store level where a climate existists in which uneducated, ignorant money driven sales associates don't even realize they are breaking the law. And this cancer seems to be infecting the lower level manangement as well.  I presume this will be the start of some changes and rules being made involving clear and full verbal disclosure at the point of sale as required by law.  

There will be no corporate class action suit and no case or media blitz brough against the Porter Ranch store, at least not on my behalf.  If anybody out there was a victim of a dishonest sales pitch at a Verizon Wireless Store, send a letter ASAP to the follwing:

Verizon Wireless Correspondence Team

PO Box 5029

Wallingford, CT 06492

0 Likes