View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Complaint about Verizon "Free Tablet" promotion
1976pianoman

What's utterly mind bogging is this rational to rationalize this bait and switch tactic:

"When verizon has a free phone offer people have no problem paying

for service. But when it's a tablet that also has cellular service to the

data plan that should be free also? Plus verizon should waive the

activation fee of the line of course."

Of course we don't expect the tablet to have no activation and no monthly fees.  It sounds too good to be true.  But that is what we were told.  We were lied to.  We kept asking, "are you sure there are no monthly fees for the tablets?!"

"No" he kept saying. 

We repeated over and over again,  "We don't want the tablets.  We have no use for them." 

He said, "They are free.  You should just take them." 

That is clearly a violation of the laws I mentioned earlier. 

What you are saying is that based on logic, we should have known the salesperson was lying to us.  I really do hope that you guys are going to use that line in court.  It would be quite amusing. 

What's also mind boggling is that the store will not make good on this.  Assuming it was just a miscommunication like the store is claiming, why not allow the customer to get out of the contract?  The reason is obvious.  Because the whole thing was a racket to begin with.  It's a bait and switch scam, and they are well aware they are doing it. 

You guys know that you are using deception in the sales pitch to push the tablets.   Then you hide behind your weak, "you should have known and you should have read the contract"  excuse.   It's a very poor and psychologically under-developed mode and rational you are stuck in.   I encourage you to stick with it.  In fact, please stick with it - it will make our job in court so much easier. 

0 Likes