View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Why doesn't Verizon allow retirees from state employment to continue to receive discounts?
Not applicable

sttxdisabled wrote:

I worked for the state of Texas for 25 years.  I am now disabled but being paid by the State of Texas' Employee Retirement System as a continuing "disabled employee".  Verizon (customer service) doesn't recognize this as a valid form of state employment; therefore I am losing my discount.  WHY? It seems contradictory that a continuing employee - or retiree from employment should continue to receive benefits.  If not through state employment; why not as a disabled person?  I just think Verizon is not being fair with a discount they should be providing. 

People need to understand whether your employer offers a discount and how much that discount is is up to your employer not Verizon. Verizon has nothing to do with whether Texas wants to give retirees discounts.  Considering what party runs your state is should not be shocking that neither retirees or disabled people get anything. 1/4 of your state is uninsured that's all you need to know about how your state is run.

0 Likes