View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: No coverage - Can I break a contract?
nettieo

I have had Verizon for years and in the last few months I have had a tremendous increase in dropped calls. The service is not outsourced and the is generally pretty good in my area. I called into Verizon and they sent out two replacement phones (iPhone 4) to try. The rep could see exactly how many calls were being dropped and did not doubt there was a problem. When I still had a lot of dropped calls with the second replacement, the problem was escalated. I got a call back saying that they verified I was in an area with a poor signal, they did not have a plan to improve it, and I could get out of my contract if I wanted. Unfortunately, Verizon has the best service in town, so I'm stuck, but the reps were all able to see that it was a real problem, look at the actual data on number of dropped calls, and continued to try to solve the problem. It may be different with outsourced service, but they should be able to access your data, too. Also, if you tweet or otherwise use social media to discuss your problem and try to identify other people in your town who have the same issue, almost all of these big carriers become much more responsive.

0 Likes