View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: How to file a customer service complaint?
dcorreia9882
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have been a customer since 1991 and today has been such a poor customer service experience I had to write in.

We recently moved and the service in the area is poor, Verizon admits it's "below its standards" and offers to sell me a network extender for $250. I told them I wouldn't pay for something that is needed because the service is poor.  They came back and said they could give me a 'deal' and send it to me for $100.  OK, for $100 I'll try it rather than switch everyone in my house to AT&T (which I have on my work paid for phone and service is excellent).  Device comes and doesn't even connect to GPS for a signal.  Two tech later and me looking at the box it says it's a 'refurbished unit'.  In talking to customer service today they tell me refirb units are only $100.  The first person never told me that.  So now they want to send me a new unit (back to the $250).  What a deceptive group, and this on top of the fact that the service sucks.

Off to AT&T at lunch since Verizon told me I could get out of the contracts because the service doesn't meet the minimum standards.