View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Why do people put up with this forum where everybody throws their 2 cent answer in hoping that it is correct
Not applicable

You mean the same way you answered another post?

Self help has been around a very long time. Personally I don't care for thumbs up or points. I am more times than not at odds with Verizon tactics and greed. However the service they provide are excellent albeit higher than the rest, which will change when the other providers complete their buildouts.

People that buy these cell phones don't even read the manuals so they come here and ask how to do this or that, where is my upgraded OS and my music is missing etc. Its in the manual but they don't bother to read it.

Other questions regarding changing plans and different devices although available at 611 people don't want to call customer service or walk into a corporate store to research those questions or even get answers. So they come here and ask for help, and most of the time the answers are exactly what they wanted.

Other times the questions are totally debatable or just consumer rants. People just need to vent. Different answers on many occasions are answered over and over again till the consensus proves the reply as being cirrect. Then you acknowledge that correct answer. The points can be a badge of accomplishment for service provided. Personally I don't care about those things, I just like to help when I can.