View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Why can I get unlimited Verizon Service at Walmart for $45 but not here?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

lesaglass wrote:

Verizon is out of their minds if they think doing away with the 'unlimited data' plan for those grandfathered in is a good idea.  I entered the store to look into the new 'edge' plan, where I can upgrade my phoone once a year.  Found out that this plan involves a monthly payment.  After going through the search for the new phone and it's details, I'm informed that I will no longer be grandfathered into the unlimited data plan.  I was outraged!  I have always been told that this plan will be available to me for as long as I stay with Verizon.  Verizon's service is good, but we already pay exorbitant prices for it.  Those were thought they were smart enough to stay with the plan should not be getting the shaft now for doing so. Frankly, it should be illegal.  I'm already shopping for a new service, so when my contract is up, I'm outta here unless something changes!

The unlimited data plan wasn't part of the contract. When you purchase a new phone at the two year contract price, you are agreeing to the new terms and conditions of the new contract. One of those terms and conditions is no unlimited data plan only tiered data plan options

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes