View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: How do I get Verizon to honor unlimited data plan stated on receipt?
Not applicable

Fortunately in all my dealings with the court system "written" takes a great sway over intent. You have someone sell you a service and they write this order is final with the additions etc. Then on the day the goods or services are provided the company states this was not supposed to be agreed to (intent) the contract is based on what was written and agreed to.

I am presently locked into a simular situation now with a home improvement contractor. On the contract it stated the job must be completed no later than October 13, 2013 or sooner. Its signed by them and us. Now they missed the contract date, they are claiming the agent for the company had no right to do so. They keep pushing the date further and further away.

Went a filed a court claim for the large money we paid plus simple interest on the amount. Also found another company who will do the job now at a cost $4,000.00 more than the other company. In my state the court can grant me either as relief. Also not doing the job is criminal in nature so we can file a police complaint for grand larceny. Bad business practice.

Evidently the company was served with the summons last week. Since they called and said the work will be done complete Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

They have to honor what was written. Same thing with Verizon via their press release.

I remember years ago an online retailer had a typo in their ad, the price should have been $250 but the printed ad said $25 in that case the companies ad had a disclaimer which said not responsible for typographical errors. In this case verizon had no such disclaimer at the check out process.

0 Likes