View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
How do I get Verizon to honor unlimited data plan stated on receipt?
benhar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was among those who upgraded their phones during the "glitch" that allowed customers to keep their unlimited data plans. Our two new iPhone 5s' arrived this week, along with receipts for each that, as far as I can tell, maintain our unlimited data plan.

When I called to activate the phones, the rep told me he couldn't guarantee we would keep the unlimited plans after activation, and the activation (along with the potential change to the 2GB plan) was irreversible. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who told me we still have the option for unlimited data and that it was just our luck of the draw. I took this to mean we lucked out with the glitch. However, when the rep got back on the line he said the supervisor meant that when he (the rep) activates our phones, it will kick us to the 2GB plan, and he may be able to switch us back to the unlimited if he acts fast enough, but it was no guarantee (hence "luck of the draw"). I decided to not act just yet and got off the phone.

So, is the rep pulling my leg? I understand I got to this point through what was later revealed to be a glitch, but I thought Verizon stated to the press they would honor the orders, not to mention I have receipts showing the new phones and our current plan that we've had for years.

How should I proceed with this? Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes