View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Looking for a New Carrier
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We love loyal customers UAtoUAB and appreciate you being with us for such a long time. We also hear you and all of our customers loud and clear regarding the things you want an need to maintain your happiness with us. The options we currently have do work for alot of customers and I know will start to work for you also. We will not offer carry over data or minutes because we offer our shared plans with unlimited minutes and text. Plus we provide the option to change data plans according to your usage. If you are using more data than usual, simply change your plan in the middle of the cycle to reflect the new amount and once usage goes down change plans for the following bill cycle. Plus we recommend wifi when ever available because it decreases usage on your data plan. You basically paying for what your using. Additionally, we also understand the importance of upgrading because we all want and in most cases need new phones after some time and I think our prices are awesome. Technology is changing and we have to change with it, which means prices, plans, features and options. Of course with these changes we work on improvements to our network so that your speeds are amazing and your coverage is phenomenal. I hope this explanation is helpful because we do not want to lose you with our family. We know you have choices and hope you continue to choose the best, plus good service is always worth the cost. If you currently have unlimited and want to keep it, take a look at this program http://vz.to/ZILXBT . Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes