View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Looking for a New Carrier
UAtoUAB

I left AT&T in 2003 for Verizon and now I’m leaving Verizon. I put up with other carriers getting the newest equipment first, Verizon’s lack of a month-month balance carryover, even the fact that they force so many third part apps on to my phone with no way to remove them (they have been forced to allow us to deactivate them now).

And I truly thought they would take the hint when so many people got fed up with the removal of the unlimited data. This is the end. I average 2.13GB/month. Some months are up to 3.5 others are 1.5 which means the only way I can avoid paying extra on the high months is to pay for 4GB Every month. On the months I only use 1.5, “Too Bad, Pay for it again next month.”

My contract was up three months ago and I was only waiting until my wife’s was up so I could switch us both and combine them. Her highest month of data was 1.5, which means if I put her on mine here I would have to go up to 6GB to make sure I don’t “over use”.

I know their argument: “Customers use so much more data than they used to, we have to be able to cover our cost.” If Verizon Truly cared about that then they would allow its customers to carry the balance of any data not used to the next month. When I buy a rack of ribs from my BBQ pit they Don’t take the leftovers and throw them away, I get to have it for lunch the next day. How greedy does a company have to be before people start to leave? BlackBerry, Blockbuster, Dell, Kodak, Motorola, and so many others dominated their market and collapsed because they didn’t continue to keep the customer as number 1.

They are now Forcing me to change plans if I want to get a new phone. They gave me the choice of keeping my old phone with my good plan or getting a new phone and losing my plan. I guess they forgot that I am the customer and I have a third option, take my business elsewhere. I’m sure one of the other carriers would like a customer that will stay loyal for over ten years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes