View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Upgrade Fee?!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

harvardale wrote:

Verizon is the most expensive service out there.  If you want to be successful as a business long-term, you don't add an upgrade fee just because everyone else is doing it.  Look at T-Mobile, they have changed their business plan by thinking outside of the box, and they are growing because of it.  Verizon will struggle in the long run by just following the crowd.  I agree that you shouldn't  charge loyal customers a $30 upgrade fee, I would rather them just add it to the cost of the device itself rather than hide fees to make easy money.

Sprint and AT&T both have a higher upgrade fee and have them for much longer than Verizon Wireless. T-Mobile used to have an upgrade fee, but now you have to pay full price for the phones on their network. If you wanted to avoid the upgrade fee on Verizon Wireless, you can buy full retail price either up front or through the Device Payment Plan. It's your choice to choose the best course for you and your family.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes