View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: The WORST of Verizon Wireless
Not applicable

We as consumers have to be able to say no, when you have been pressured to purchase anything we don't want or need.

First off cancel the charges to your card and calm down.

I always use the store (corporate not a reseller) walk in the door, find the phone I want call the guy or girl over tell them to go in the back and get it for me, I state firmly that no changes are to be added or subtracted from my number or account.

I decline any and all extras, since I picked them up when I am ready as a seperate transaction.

Please note to have service or a new phone does not require any accessory purchase. Speak up and stick to it.

After you have the new phone, if under a new contract via taking a free or subsidize phone check the account on the receipt to see no surprises were added. If you are paying full price make sure you were not placed under any contract, make sure everything you had previously on the acvount be it unlimited data, calling, picture messaging, texting what ever make sure the only change was just the esn/meid number for your new device.

If you stay alert, firm and unfazed you will prevail.

Cancel the charges to your credit or bank card and then laugh right back at them when they call you. (verizon)