View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Not sure why Verizon would not help me
dulciecat
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last part of February my I phoine 4s needed an update.  I tried several hot spots to no avail.  I called Verizon technical.  I got cut off in transfer twice. I finally talked to someone, who although rude told me it was still warrentied.  I then went to the Verizon store where I had them check the phone out.  THey said send it back,  So I called Verizon and a nice lady helped me get a new one sent to me and I returned my broke one.  All else worked on the phone but the Wi Fi,  I then checked my e mail last Thursday and discovered that Verizon looked over the phone and decided that the Wi Fi problem was my fault.  So they wanted me to pay $300 for the one I have now.  I called them on a break between clients (I do home health) and talked to a young lady who said I had Total Protection coverage and should be able to file a claim.  She said she would call back in 20 minutes.  After over four hours, I called Verizon again.  I then got ahold of Mike who proceeded to inform me that I could not get my phone back because it was sent to the warranty warehouse not the insurance one.  I asked why I could still not file a claim and pay the insurance replacement price.  Again he more stearnly informed me that this is how it is,  Pay $300 or give the phone back.  I told him at least the young lady earlier had trid to help and he reminded me that she never returned my call.  When I told him at least she offered to try he said she probably just wanted to get me off the phone.  I had been totally calm and polite to both reps.  I then asked to speak to a manager, supervisor or someone over him.  He finally got stephanie on the phone.  I explained my dilema to her and she said it was too bad but I now could not file an insurance claim and my phone would not be returned.  She offered to send me a label to return the phone.  They are paying the return fee.  I tried one more time on Monday.  The young lady I talked to said I should be able to do an insurance claim and that as soon as her supervisor got there in 40 minutes she would discuss this with them and get back with me.  Again no return call.  So I am about to pack up my phone and return it to them.  I do not feel I should have to pay $300 for a phone that has the "good" insurance on it.  I should of been allowed to pay insurance price.  I have been with Verizon for five years or more.  I thought maybe a little customer loyalty meant something.  But I guess not