View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
How do I find someone to resolve an oddball situation
Daddykins
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey All...I'm hoping someone can help and I promise to be as brief as possible.

I have an account with an old flip phone for my wife and a new personal IPhone 4s for me (my company supplied me a blackberry).  My company is now providing me with an IPhone, so I want to transfer my personal IPhone to my wife.

Unfortunately, Verizon won't let me transfer the phone number from her phone to the IPhone without paying $300 to cancel my existing contract.

I have been a customer for more than a decade and I don't believe this is some evil conspiracy...it just falls between the cracks of their current policies.

The reality is that I can switch to Sprint, get a $240 buyback credit for my IPhone 4s and end up with a better plan than I have right now.  But the truth is that I don't really want to change providers...just move a phone number.

Thus my choice is to pay Verizon $300 to get the phone number moved or switch to Sprint and get a better package for about $60 (these costs are above the monthly service charges).

Does anyone know the contact info for an escalation department at Verizon?  Every large company has them, the trick is knowing where to call.

Help???

Labels (1)
0 Likes