View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Verizon Charging You More, As Bandwidth Costs Them Less.
Not applicable

Maybe not in you area what about elsewhere? Verizon can't have one rule for YOU and one for everyone else. That's hardly fair.

And yes Verizon COULD have a cap free time zone at night. At least for HomeFusion. They do it for cell minutes. This is what I will agree with you on. Not sure how that helps one watch Netflix at 8 PM, but for those up late yes it would be helpful.

In the case of cable ISPs, yes capping is mostly about not losing video customers. In this case Verizon literally does not have the bandwith to support 93 million customers all having unlimited. Comcast is the largest cabe ISP and has less than 25 million customers. Did you even read the link I posted. It was about how at CES this month you couldn't even get Verizon's 4G in Vegas and in fact even 3G was only at 650 kbps because the 150,000 people at the convention were using up all the bandwidth. And you know not even half of them were Verizon customers.

Verizon has a total of 20 MHz of spectrum for 4G LTE right now 10 for upload and 10 for download. Now if you or any expert in the field can explain how one offers unlimited data over that in a city the size of say Chicago or heck even Nashville then maybe I'll change my attitude on unlimited.

I suspect you are the same TexasRebel that posts over at DSLreports.com. By the way your idea of nationalizing the cell phone companies would never work.

0 Likes