View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Verizon doesn't care about customers
Ohnmacht

Did you sign up for Verizon because of their unlimited data plan? Or for their "great customer support"? Well, truth is, Verizon Wireless does not care about their customers at all. My daughter recently had to buy a new phone because her current Verizon phone was a piece of junk and they would not fix it. She decided to purchase an iPhone. I have been a Verizon customer forever twenty years but that apparently means nothing. When she bought her new phone, they had her sign a new contract for the continued service. What they didn't tell her was that, unlike the past, she now would be charged $30.00 to change phones (even though she waited the two years and signed a new contract) and they would be changing her data plan, taking away her unlimited data. We did not find this out until getting an alert that she had used have her data allowance (which we never got before as we had unlimited data). I immediately called Verizon to straighten this out. They have since admitted to me that after offering the unlimited data plan, everyone started using it and Verizon then realized that they could have charged for the data, and so have decided to start doing so. Basically, they hooked us all in with the promise of unlimited data and now that we are used to it, they are taking it away and charging us for it. So be ready; as soon as you "upgrade" your phone (which according to Verizon means ANY change to your phone, even if your phone breaks and you buy the exact same one) you will be forced to change your plan and now pay more for the data you are using. They refuse to give the plan back, saying it's not in the system anymore (yet its on all my other phones). I have been hung up on, told I would be called back (only to never hear from them) and been made to feel like my business means nothing to them. When I told them I was considering canceling all my accounts (including my home phone, Internet, cell phones, tv and business accounts, totaling around $15,000.00 a year) and switching to another provider, their response was, "Oh well, we'll miss you, but we're not going to do anything to fix this. You either accept the new plans or leave." Over twenty years of customer loyalty and they told me they didn't care. That's Verizon. AT&T has the same share everything plan Verizon is forcing everyone to take with them. And I bet they treat their customers a whole lot better. I'll soon find out.

Labels (1)