View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: SHARE EVERYTHING . . DOA ?
Not applicable

For the past year, people have been coming to this board SCREAMING for a smartphone without a data plan.  Everyone was asking for voice, text, and email, without having to pay for a $30 data plan.  Evidently, not many people want a basic phone anymore.  Well guess what?  Verizon has answered their call and given them the plan they were asking for.  I agree, with the new plan, a basic phone no longer makes much sense when, for an additional $10 per month you can have a smartphone.  I don't think $40 per month is at all excessive for a smartphone with unlimited voice and unlimited text.  Now, $50 for 1 GB may seem really excessive, but no real data user will purchase only 1 GB.  Most smartphone users will want 2 GB for $60 or 4 GB for $70, or 6 GB for $80.  The more they use, the more reasonable the per GB price becomes.  And, by eliminating the unlimited data plan, they solve the problem with "data hogs" who pay $30 and use 20GB, 30GB, 40GB, or more.  The 1GB for $50 probably only makes sense for a family with 3, 4, or 5 smart phones on the account who really only want voice, text, and email.  I think this plan fits them perfectly.

0 Likes