View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Goodbye Verizon, Enough is Enough
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry, I guess that statement was a bit misleading. 

No, I had 3G, I just didn't have 4G, which I was led to believe would be arriving soon.  If I had only planned on using 3G, I wouldn't have bought the charge (which I only accepted because they kept pushing back the bionic and I had to choose between 4G with unlimited data with a very average device, get a good 3G device with unlimited data (which would be pointless considering how slow 3G has been in our area), or wait and get a decent 3G or 4G device without unlimited data. 

I made my decision off assurances that we would have 4G in our area relatively soon.  I settled on a device I didn't really want based on this information.  I realize that there are never any guarantees on this but I do think there is some responsibility to give relatively accurate information since I'm making a decision on the phone I'm going to have for the next 2 years. 

If Verizon doesn't feel any responsibility for this, that's fine, that's their right.  But I certainly am not going to renew a contract with them when they provided me with false information and then decided they are going to ignore me until 2 years down the road and now suddenly, I'm getting letters in the mail, phone calls, trying to win me back.  And maybe every other company will do the same thing (except AT&T had the Atrix, a better phone, 6 months prior to Verizon and Verizon is WAY more tight lipped on any updates on phones/technology.  Even their employees don't know anything until a week before it hits shelves!  It's hard to trust a company who feeds their employees false/no information and then has them deny any knowledge of the situation). 

Basically, I think Verizon handled this situation poorly.  They've made no attempt to fix it until right before my contract is up.  Maybe every other company is just as bad but, unless they truly want to fix the situation, I might as well give someone else a shot. 

0 Likes