View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Customer of 15+ years - 222 minutes on hold
Pooleea9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hope someone at Verizon who cares reads my feedback. I have only had Verizon service since my first cellphone at 14 years old, and when I got my own plan I chose to stay with Verizon. I manage an apartment building that I also live in and I never have coverage. I constantly miss calls/unable to send texts, and I canโ€™t use my phone unless I am connected to WiFi. I reported this to Verizon on 7/2, I was sent a SIM card and network extender. The SIM card made no difference and the network extender never arrived. I have spent 222 minutes on hold with Verizon (not including time spend with FedEx), and no resolution has been offered. Every package that is delivered to my apartment goes through me, yet Iโ€™m repeatedly told that it was delivered (โ€œdeliveredโ€ 4 times since 7/6) and that I would need to pay for a replacement extender that might not even be a solution. I spent three hours on hold today, and again by the time an โ€œagentโ€ answered I was told tier 2 tech support was no longer available. I have also learned that the basic unlimited plan (significantly more expensive than all other carries), will have compromised data in areas of congestion (live within blocks of postponed DNC) . I am one of Verizonโ€™s most profitable customers (plan is essentially leftover data), and even though I use minimal data (.71gs the last two weeks) the only guaranteed fix is to upgrade to a more expensive plan?! Absurd.  Why would anyone pay more for service when in one day they spent 3 hours trying to reach a representative. If youโ€™re going to charge premium rates, you need to offer excellent service. I explained my issues with a customer service representative tonight and that I was ready to activate the SIM card I received from another carrier. After being on hold 1.5 hours she had a surprising lack of concern that a 15 year verizon was switching carriers. She said I must have called the wrong number...and then I spent another hour on hold waiting for tech. That was just one interaction with your support, Iโ€™ve called everyday since 7/6. I will not continue to pay premium rates to a company that has zero value for profitable long term customers. Even if service doesnโ€™t improve with different carrier, their representatives donโ€™t imply that my single line costing $150 isnโ€™t worthy of good coverage.