View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Never received my $200 gift cards
Bitten_By_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

This story keeps repeating. Verizon knows good and well most consumers will forget about it or give up fighting them on it. I spent no less than 6 hours on phone calls trying to simply get what I was told I would get when I switch over after 15 years with an ethical carrier. I brought 5 lines over and was assured on multiple ocassions that I would have no issue getting the rebates ($1000).  One rebate came in and the rest were denied. I contacted them again and again they said they would fix it and it would be honored. They then closed the case withouth contacting me back as promised. Only after I contacted them for a third time and spent another 2 hours on the phone with them did they offer a reduced credit on my account for me to go away HAPPY! They stole $300 from me and want me to be happy about it? I made it clear that I could accept a slightly reduced credit and would go away at least not angry - but they would not honor their commitment anyway. So, here I am - stuck with Verizon, not trusting them, out $300. Think before you switch, they will tell you what you want to hear to get you switch over - don't count on it. If it makes sense to switch without the rebates, then switch. Otherwise, you are counting on empty promises.