View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Verizon Wireless Trade-in Promotion Scam
customer738
Enthusiast - Level 1

At the end of October, I had ported my number over to Verizon to take advantage of the $500 dollar trade-in promotion for my iPhone 7. I didn't really need an upgrade but I figured it was a good deal at the time.

A month later they finally credit my account but they tell me that the phone is only worth $30, I would have sold it for more or just kept it if and gotten more value out of that. I call back to understand why, and they say that the phone had a small crack on the corner when they received it. The phone had no cracks when I sent it to them. They tell me to call UPS and submit a claims report so I did.

UPS tells me I'll hear about the status within the next three days, I call a week later because I hadn't heard anything and UPS says they cannot give me any information because I was not the one who received the package. They tell me to call Verizon.

I call Verizon and the first 2 hour call resulted in a guy promising to call me back with information after talking to UPS, he never called. I call again and the next 2 hour call results in the lady talking to UPs, leaving me on hold for an hour then without warning, transferring me to UPS where I was then transferred to a closed department.

It's clear that Verizon doesn't care about their customers or want to treat their customers fairly. Save yourself the trouble and DO NOT participate in the trade-in program. I have been on the phone with Verizon upwards of 5 hours calling at least 6 times within the last 2 months and I am still stuck with a $30 trade-in value for something that wasn't my fault.

0 Likes