View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
poor service in the 79928 zip code
Fchavira999

I have tried to contact your customer service and have been unable to reach them or have been left on hold for over two hours.  this is difficult to accept from a company I once considered the best mobile service provider around.  I live in the 79928 zip code area and yes it borders Mexico.  Recently the service has been horrendous and no one from verizon has been able to give me an honest answer.  Today I had enough with the dropped calls, no internet service available, or just no service period.  I went to one of your locations in El Paso and finally had the Mgr. explain to me that the reason the service has been bad is that a new owner in Mexico ramped up their Antenas and it was interfering with the US Antennas.  She also explained that Verizon was setting up mobile attenas to combat this until they could resove the issue.  Unfortunately this is not a new situation as mexico has always been an issue with the roaming and getting directed to their cell towers, but it has never impacted the US market as it has now.  Its a shame that a company as large as Verizon is not more proactive and identify potential problems, especially when you border another country, instead of reactionary at the customers expense.   

0 Likes