View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Carryover Data Scam?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@ourdatguy wrote:

Here, here!  I simoly can not understand the people who are here arguing against this. Consumers arguing against other consumers for a company that is being deceptive. It's absolutely bizzare to say the least. 

Regardless, this is a legitimate consumer complaint.  If I am paying for 5 GB/month with a carry over plan.  I naturally expect that if I wisely manage my data I should be rewarded with carrying over that unused data over to be used at my pleasure.  There is no need to expire them so quickly.  Maybe if it was every 12 months or so, that might make sense.  But as it is, it generates unexpected limits between months.  For instance, last month, I used 1 GB of my 5GB plan.  Carried over 4 GB.  So I have 9 GB for this month to use.  As the month is wrapping up I have used 3 GB of the 9GB.  Now next month, I will only have 5GB - 3GB = 2GB rollover.  Giving me a 7GB data limit instead of the expected 11 GB.  This is bizarre.

Seriously, if anyone replies with anything that supports this deceptive practice, any rational person can only assume that they are either 1) a paid company rep or 2) an unpaid weirdo super fan/shill of a telocom which in and of itself is purely insane.

WRONG. The whole notion that "You don't agree with me so you are an employee or a paid shill" is rediculous. How arrrogant of a person to think " I'm right therfor you MUST be being paid by the 'other side' " That's borderline narcissism right there. Heck I could accuse YOU of being a paid plant for T-Mobile or At&T trying to lure customers away. I mean accusing one of being a shill reeks of projection.

The carryover terms( whether you agree with them or not ) are on the website for anyone to see. it has nothing to do with if I see them as fair or unfair. They are what they are and you're not being "tricked" when you can go veiw the terms. Verizon doesn't HAVE to have carryover. Once again it has nothing to do with whether I think they should or not. They DO NOT have to have it.

If you think Verizon is shady and unfair why are you giving them hundreds of $$ every month. Now THAT is weird. "Hey company that I believe is evil and greedy and corrupt. Here is a large sum of my money." There are other carriers no one is forcing you to stay.