View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Mifi Problem or Tower Problem
Jonah135

When I began my search for Wifi, I called all local wireless providers, and they all said the could not get service to my home. So then I had an idea, The verizon tower is within eyesight of my home, so I went in to look into mifi. First, they accidentally told me the wrong amount that it would cost a month by $15, but I asked, if the signal would be the same in my town 45 minutes away. They said it would. I immediately went to a home in the same town that I bought it and tested the speed , 65+ Mbps! It was awesome, then I brought it home, again, within eyesight of the verizon tower. .5Mbps.... not 5, but 0.5 and that is until it slows gets cut to .25 after I used too much of the beyond unlimited. BTW I really dislike what happens when I go "beyond" the unlimited. Well I have moved the placement of the box 32 times and no difference. I can't get anything to work. Options are... Signal Booster, Antenna, or Moving lol. The entire town has been having cell service issues, and we have a tower besides us 75656 Hughes Springs. But it does not seem to be working right, or I should have the same service as the larger town. Any tips? A contact number to talk to a tower person would be great, I recieved an email saying they would check on the tower and email me back, but that seems to not be the case. And is a signal booster something that would truly fix the issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes