View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Verizon, you've GOT to do something about spam calls!!
Didjit
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's getting so that I don't even want phone service anymore. Like most everyone, I get a dozen robo/spam/telemarketer calls per day.  And the number spoofing makes it just egregious. Verizon, you have got to do something about this!

Why are you letting people on your network who are spoofing or not honoring the Do Not Call lists? Every call entering your network should be from a known user.  And you should only accept calls from other providers if they can definitively identify the originator.  If other providers won't honor that then they get dropped and ultimately isolated. Either they'll die out or they'll adopt the mandate.

In 2018 there's no excuse for the inability to identify (address, credit card, bank account) every user. And there's no excuse for allowing users to spoof their identification. And there's no excuse for not having a means by which customers can notify you of illegal calls, which you are then able to immediately shut down.

You've been lazy on this.  I expect you'll only make progress if there's legislation.  In the meantime you're allowing this entire medium of communication to rot away while you sit back and rake in money.  Your cash cow is about to run dry.

Labels (1)