View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Why does VZW lie to loyal customers like myself?
stef7
Master - Level 2

I wish to clarify. I am not trying to persuade you otherwise. I believe everything you are reporting. Remember - this is a peer to peer forum, and if we are lucky, a VZW rep will join in with additional help, steps you can take, perhaps encourage you to connect outside of the forum to follow up personally with you.

I suggested you try that experiment, not knowing what other people have suggested you try. This was an attempt on my part to help you determine if the issue is with 4G, and/or with 3G.

With 12 towers, one would think just like you, there would be significant bandwidth so that you had no difficulty with your data, and specially no issues taking or making calls, or sending/receiving text messages, which are different than your other apps using data.

You didn't specify what problems exactly you were experiencing.

1). Yes, 4G/LTE should be faster than 3G, but YMMV under congested conditions.

2). Also know, your device (sorry phone, reliable I know - you've had it a year and it doesn't have a problem - got it), can show 1bar and exchange information faster than it might showing 4bars. Signal strength does not always equate to possible transfer rate.

3). One final thing. Your service area can contain 2, 12, 50 towers... It doesn't matter. I believe with the current technology deployed, our phones talk to one tower at a time. So, the one closest to you may be the one your phone is trying to talk to, but you have poor service because it is congested.

I understand your frustration. I hope I'm not increasing it nor mis-informing you. I was merely attempting to help you get to the bottom of things as a consumer like yourself.

Please, just try the experiment. And if you're game, there could be a few more for you to try if you are willing. What harm can it bring you? No one has seemingly helped you yet.