View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Why does VZW lie to loyal customers like myself?
15yrTenureVZW

I have been having extremely horrible service and customer service with Verizon Wireless for the past year! Recently in September and October 2017, I have had to call in to customer service/technical support multiple times. I have troubleshooted my device and have went over troubleshooting steps with customer service representatives. None of this has fixed any of the issues! When I called in to technical support in September 2017, I spoke with a representative who said my poor signal/data loss issues were due to an "inactive" SIM card and so I was sent a new SIM card. The technical support representative said that he was SURE that was the issue and when I received it a couple days later, it did not fix any of the issues and seemed to actually worsen the issues! Then I had to call in again to tell them that did not work, the next representative that I spoke with claimed that it was due to my phone being on a roaming setting from what he could see on their end and claimed to adjust a setting and had me restart my phone. That did not fix anything either, so he opened a ticket (tickets had been opened previously for the poor service issues from VZW within the last year). He said that they would reach out to me with a text when the investigation of the network in the area was complete. I received a text a few days later giving a generic explanation that the poor service issues is caused by congestion in the area, despite my service address being just a few miles from TWELVE Verizon Wireless Cell Towers! I called back in on Friday, October 13, 2017 and spoke to a technical support representative "Ryan", recapitulated all the information to him (because apparently the reps don't seem to notate accounts well anymore). I spent almost an hour on the phone with him and told him that I was ready to switch to another dominant cell provider in my area, because they weren't really resolving my poor service issues but giving me the runaround! He said he looked over the ticket and had authorization from his manager to escalate and send me a complimentary 4G Extender as a final method to resolve my poor signal/data loss issues. I haven't received the extender and when I called in they said the previous representative never put in the order and they did not want to send it out! They tried to troubleshoot again, which was a waste of time since I have done that previously! Not sure what has happened to VZW but the level of service has gotten to be so poor! They lied to me and aren't following up with what I was promised by the previous technical support representative last Friday! I am definitely going to have to switch to T-Mobile or AT&T after being a VZW customer for nearly 15 years! Apparently loyalty means nothing to this money hungry corporation now! Shame on you Verizon!

Labels (1)
0 Likes