View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Retrieve deleted text messages
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning and thank you for all of your answers, as they are all correct.

*  To view the details of the calls/ text messages on your billing statement:

1.  Sign in to “My Verizon” using your Account Owner ID and password.

2.  Click on "View Bill" icon located in the upper right of your home page.

3.  Select the month that you would like to view under "Billing Statement."

4.  Click on the "Usage Details" tab in the middle of the page.

5.  Choose the applicable wireless number from the dropdown menu.

6.  Select “Voice”, "Messaging", "Data" links to view a more detailed description. 

*  If you would like to view the details of the "unbilled" calls/ current usage, please click on the "Usage Details" link under "My Usage".   You will be able to select, "View Call Details", "View Messaging Details", or "View Data Details".  You are able to view the details of your messages (excludes content for privacy reasons).

*  Due to FCC regulations, and strict privacy concerns, we cannot release the contents of a text message without proper legal documentation.  Please keep in mind; the text message content is stored on our server for 3-5 days before being deleted.  Once it is deleted, it cannot be retrieved. 

If this information is needed for litigation purposes, please have your attorney contact us directly at 1-800-922-0204.  We will give them instructions on how to fax us the required legal documentation.  If more time is needed to gather the court documents, they can instead, send us a Preservation Letter.  A Preservation Letter allows us to store any existing message content for a number for 3-5 additional days from receipt of the Preservation Letter.  If your attorney sends us a Preservation Letter, we will not be able to release the content until the court order is actually received.

I hope this information is helpful.  

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes