View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Policy on changing prysemium text messaging without verifying with customer -solow predicto
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

bonnie_ann wrote:

.... I didn't even know that a Premium text message service block exsisted or what a premium text message service is.  Why can't we have more control over our accounts and do these things online - such as a list of  blocks and letting us choose? 

Bonnie Ann -

Blocks are available at no charge and are located at My Verizon > My Plan > Add/Remove Features.

Premium Messaging Block 

Prohibits new subscriptions to or continued use of premium fee based SMS and MMS (Picture) messaging programs to the selected mobile number. (i.e., ringtones downloads, chat) while allowing all other messaging services to work as usual.

PSMS Blocking will terminate all current Premium SMS programs at the time the blocking feature is activated and MMS programs at the next subscription payment date and thereafter. No credits or pro-rating will be applied to the Premium SMS fees already incurred.

All non-premium messaging services will continue to be billed per your Calling Plan and Messaging Bundle or at the standard messaging rate as applicable.

In addition, here is a summary of all the types of blocks you can add to your account.

0 Likes