View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Reading TXT Messages Online
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

DansonOR wrote:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5182779_read-sent-text-messages-online.html

The article states that it is possible to read TXT content on MyVerizon.
On this forum I have constantly heard that it is NOT possible.

Yes, the article does state that it is possible, and theoretically, it is, with the proper equipment, technique, and skills.  However, the reference article given makes it clear that the average, and even above average tech saavy cell phone user does not have the resources to do this.

Quoting from the article (my comments in green)

"Depending on where you live, there are different services available (note:  third party services NOT connected with Verizon and likely charge a fee) that will let you forward or intercept text messages bound for your cell phone, redirecting them to an e-mail address or a Web server.

In researching this topic, we came across a forum discussion at XtremeVBTalk.com. The thread goes through rather in-depth instructions on how to get a PC to read an incoming SMS message, uploading it to a Web server. This is perhaps one of the most technical solutions and probably is not achievable for the average mobile phone user.

Alternatively, you can look into a solution like SMS Backup from Yahoo! India. To our knowledge, this service is not available outside of India at this time, but Yahoo! could be looking to expand to other countries."

And BTW, simply logging on to MyVerizon, navigating to the messaging details as instructed - "Click on the option in the new screen marked "Check text status." You can now look at all your messages sent online over the last 5 days."  - there is no new, or old, "Check text status"  that I can find...and no where to see all the messages sent, except for the date, time, and numbers involved. That's it.

0 Likes