View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: 48% still on Windows 7 - why no Message+ app???????
WXCHRIS

My Message+ version 1.0.17.0 running on my Win7 desktop pc also quit updating on 23 Feb 2019. I'm assuming on Verizon's end they updated something in the servers that disabled support for the older version we have been using with Win7 since it's not supported in the current release. I'm sure it's to avoid problems with our outdated old versions. Like with most all software they can't support all the old stuff forever. They have to cut it off eventually. I agree the Win 7 cutoff was a bit premature with still about half of us out here using Win7. I'm sure it was a bugetary consideration when giving the new Win10 version Message+ app software developmenmt conrtract out if it was 3rd party written. If written in house they probably did not want to authorize the extra manhours to support old Windows versions. Onward and upward I suppose!! At least that's a smart bussiness decision our company is making to stay competitive and ahead of the competition even if it alienates some of it's users.

0 Likes