View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Why do I get text messages telling me I need to make a payment?
ReadyToSwitch

My prepaid $50 plan is set up to automatically debit my credit card for the full monthly amount when it's due.

1. I get a text message 3 days before the due date that I need to make a $50.00 payment by the due date.
  2. I then get a text message ON the due date (at 2:07 IN THE MORNING) that $50.00 has been added to my account (because of autopay).
  3. I then get another message later in the morning of the same day that my Auto Pay payment was processed.

This is so annoying that I am considering STRONGLY changing carriers:

1. Since my plan is on AUTOPAY, I DON'T NEED or have use for the first message.
  2. The second message seems:
    • REDUNDANT - since I will also receive the confirmation message later that day.
    • INCONSIDERATE - since it is sent at 2:00 IN THE MORNING.
    • STUPID - since I am on AUTOPAY, I should only get a message if AUTOPAY FAILS, and then not at  2:00 IN THE MORNING!
  3. The second message seems:
    • UNNECESSARY - since I am on AUTOPAY.
    • STUPID - since I am on AUTOPAY, I should only get a message if AUTOPAY FAILS!!!
  4. I cannot find a support person in any part of Verizon who can fix this calling *611.
  5. I cannot find a place on my userid where I CAN CHANGE IT MYSELF.
  6. I like Verizon but I am sufficiently annoyed to change carriers if this simple software change can't or won't be made, or if I don't receive an acceptable response from Verizon in this forum, where it is accessable by other users.
Labels (1)
0 Likes