View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Premium messaging mystery
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello happy community members,

How people are signed up for premium text messaging without their knowledge has always been a mystery to solve. Such messages come in some many forms that it's difficult to pinpoint it's origins. I can assure you that I can help you get to the bottom of this and resolve this once and for all. The first thing I recommend is that we go through the opt-out process. On your bill, there should be a five or six digit number next to the premium text message and it's charge. This is the number that we need to unsubscribe to this  service. Simply send a text message to the five or six digit number with one of the five words below:

• Stop
  • Stop All
  • Quit
  • Cancel
  • End
  • Unsubscribe

Once you have sent a text message with one of the words/phrases above then you will receive a cancellation text reply advising that you have successfully opt-out. Also, in this text message will be some contact information to the company that billed you for the service. If you would like to pursue a refund for any charges that you may incur then this information will be very useful. Oftentimes, there will be an e-mail address or an 800 number to call. If you are curious as to how the service was signed up for then they are able to verify the date, time, and device that the premium service was subscribed on.

As a customer, you have two options on how to prevent this from happening in the future. If you do not use text messaging the you can block the text messaging service altogether from your mobile number. If are using text messaging on your device then we offer a premium text messaging block. Assuming that you are not using another form of premium messaging, then this may be the best option for you. If you would like to know more about how these options work, please reply to this posting with your concerns.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes