View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Text Spam has now outgrown my personal text messages --- ugh
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning and thank you for all of the responses from the community.

mickybr, I completely understand you being upset and frustrated with the unwanted/ unsolicited spam messages.  I would be pretty upset if I had to pay, (or pay extra), for this nonsense!  Do you have a Smartphone?  If so, the messages may be coming from an application that was downloaded.  With many of the 3rd party applications, when downloading, you are agreeing to receive these messages.  This happened to me as well.  When did you start receiving these messages?  This may give you an idea of what applications were downloaded at that time, which may help you know which applications will need to be removed for the messages to stop.  A Hard Reset is a bit of an extreme, but will remove all applications, and then you can start all over again, download applications a few at a time.  If you start getting messages again, you will know which one(s) are causing this to happen. 

If you need assistance with removing applications, or possibly a Hard Reset, please let me know what device you have so I can provide you with the steps for your phone.

I trust this information is helpful.

Thank you,

Vanessa

Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes