View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Text Spam has now outgrown my personal text messages --- ugh
mickeybr

It's now official. I'm receiving 1-3 text spam messages a day. All from different numbers. Some still from the 5 digit numbers even though I called Verizon and they said that they blocked all the short code messages. The 5 numbers I can block do nothing to help (plus they expire!) as the number is different every time.

I've called Verizon at least 4 times this year over this issue. It was especially problematic when I was paying per message, because I never texted to a level where I needed to pay extra. If my text goes over 500 in a month, I'm subracting the spam text messages from my bill thank you.

And I'm sorry, but I REFUSE to pay an extra $4.99 to get to blocka n additional 5 numbers (that probably will still expire then I have to add them again)..

I get the feeling that Verizon is not very motivated to stop Text Spamming as it just adds to their revenue. I want to know what Verizon is doing about this. If nothing, then perhaps I just need to drop the Text messaging entirely and block it all. Then when I find another carrier where I don't have to PAY for text spam, I'll switch...

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes