Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Re: "Don't like telemarketing scams? Neither does Verizon."

Expert

Except these scammers have been using a REAL number. If you read the posts throughout the community you will see one of the numbers they use is 1-800-922-0204 and if that looks familiar, it is. That number is the 1-800 number for the Verizon Wireless Customer Service. It is the same number you can call from a landline the reach an agent for Verizon Wireless. I have personally received a call from this number that was in fact the scammers. Thanks to my previous reading on the community forum here, I knew within a few seconds of listening to the automated voice that it was a scam. I also know that they spoofed the real number because I had that number saved as a contact number on my phone along with the other Verizon Wireless numbers I keep handy for reference.

The numbers used by the scammers change, the website domain change almost daily. Whatever program you think they need to create to stop this is going to have to adapt just as fast.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes