Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Galaxy S5 Screen Visibility Issues?

SPENNINI
Miembro

I have a combination of problems that started a few weeks ago, without any sort of trauma (dropping on the ground, falling in water, etc).

Problem #1: It started with the yellow-green flicker that I have been reading about. On low brightness or power-saving mode, the screen used to flicker. I tried safe mode as well as a hard factory reset, wiping everything, but that didn't help. Keeping it on max brightness, although battery-draining, helps

Problem #2: But now I have an additional issue: even on max brightness, sometimes the screen doesn't turn on. Not that the screen doesn't recognize I'm touching it (the bottom buttons light up when I do), but it stays black. I can press the power and home button sometimes 10-15 times before the screen actually turns on (it'll just flicker for a second then turn off), though it is responsive even if I can't see it. Even the max brightness doesn't prevent this. I don't know if the two issues are related or not. It's incredibly frustrating.

Methods tried: rebooting in safe mode, soft reset, hard factory reset, wiping cache, keeping screen at max brightness, going into developer mode and changing the screen overlays, deleting all unnecessary apps, freeing up a few extra gb on the memory card, transferring music and photos to sd card, probably more methods I can't remember.

I don't know how to fix it. It's only one year old and I really don't want to have to buy another one. Any thoughts? It's getting to be past the point of inconvenient and almost to the point of not being usable.

Is this a problem with all Androids? if I have to buy a new phone, do I need to get an iPhone instead? I'd rather not, but I don't want to end up with this issue again if I do wind up having to purchase another phone.

I'm using android version 6.0.1. If there is any more information I can provide, let me know. Gracias.

Labels (1)
0 Likes