View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Re: Galaxy Note 9 post Pie update, can't "Add New Contact" from V Messaging app

Community Manager
Community Manager

T-Boner, I added a lot of my contacts to my phone from text messages I received. So I know the importance of being able to do that. I want to make sure you can add in a new contact when needed from Messages.

First, I would like you to close the Messages app. We're doing a simple reset by closing it like this; you won't lose any information from the app. In case you need the steps, here's how you can close a recently opened app: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216718/

After you've done that, go ahead and open the Messages app. Once you have, go to your Conversations section, find the person you're trying to add as a contact. Hold down on their number till a new box opens. One of the options will be to Add to Contacts. It's important to note; the person cannot already be a contact. After you've hit Add to Contacts, a contact list will appear. At the top of that list is an icon of a person to the right of a + sign, and it says Create New Contact, click this.

When you select that choice, the option to create a new contact will appear, with the phone number pre-loaded. After that, simply fill in the required fields. Please give this simple app reset a try, and then use those steps to try entering the contact.

JohnT_VZW

0 Me gusta