View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

Líder Sénior

PsyChoBuuster wrote:

to everybody with verizon unlimited data from the 3G era:

VW really should not apply this universal charge for UDP off contract. this increase is due to 4G speed of xmission and the proliferation of apps for everything imaginable. i just purchased droid turbo 2 from motorola. old plan was for droid X (3g) which was not very fast and unreliable. now 2+ years off plan with very little web accessed with 3g phones

You had a Droid X with a slow, unreliable data connection and you were STILL paying for unlimited when you could most likely have been paying LESS on your monthly bill for quite some time now? It is likely you could have been saving thousands of dollars over the last couple of years by switching to a plan more suited to your needs.

You chose to keep unlimited data. You know what the price is or will be for you in the near future. Either you keep it and pay the price or switch to something different.

You state the increase of data use is due to 4G data speed. Are you also aware that the OLD price of unlimited data was due to 3G data speed. Why is it unreasonable to think Verizon should not increase the price of unlimited data when the throughput/usage for many will increase more than tenfold when moving from 3G to 4G? Verizon is not even doubling the price but many are getting 10 times the benefit. Seems to me that unlimited data @ $50/month is still a bargain for those who need it. For those who don't, myself included, there are the tiered data plans.

Yes, I voluntarily gave up my unlimited data on 2 lines because I could get tiered data CHEAPER. I was already using a 4G phone when I gave up unlimited data. My data usage did not increase when I went from a 3G phone to a 4G phone. It has NOW increased minimally as I have a monthly data allowance I don't even come close to exhausting yet my monthly bill is MUCH lower than when I had unlimited data. Towards the end of each month, I specifically TRY to use more data just to feel better about not having as much left over unused at the end of the month. I still have several GB left of my allowance each/every month. I didn't need unlimited data and didn't see the need to pay extra for it. It seems you haven't needed unlimited data for quite some time now and yet you are still paying a premium for it with what I suppose is the thought you may someday need it.

My advice would be if you need it, keep it. If you don't, get something more cost effective which suits your needs.Smiley Happy

0 Me gusta