View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: All other search providers removed: required to use bing
montyl

On the Crackberry.com website there is a thread about this same subject, there are a couple of posts that people havve made referenceing documents/news reports that they have found.

1) is that VZW and MS signed some exclusivity contract.  Which means that this will be a no win situation.  Has anyone actually seen MS hurt in court?  They just keep it tied up in court in appeals and continue doing whatever they want.

2) people calling/contacting VZW get the story that this is wholely a RIM thing, which I do not beleive, since I know that VZW requires all of their phones, whether it be a Motorola, BB, Nokia or whatever software be written to their specifications.

How many people remember a few years ago when the GPS chips in cell phones became popular?  AT&T and Sprint phones had open access for mapping apps to take advantage of it.  VZW on the other hand you were restricted to VZW Navigator and a single or monthly usage fee for the service.  Only in the last couple years has that changed.

But now VZW is taking lessons from MS.  They are doing what they want everyone be damned.  How many VZW apps/icons for apps came on your phone?  If you dont want that particular feature you just uninstall it right?  No, VZW has locked it leaving you no option other then to hide it.  Personnally I would like the space back and be able to remove the worthless stuff, and add what I want.

But the only winner in this battle is going to be the lawyers.

Soap Box:  for those of you that follow the VZW forum area for BlackBerry devices, surf over to Crackberry.com.  Yes you have to register but it is at no cost.  And if you wil take the time to read through the website, and forum sections they it will provide better Tech support then VZW will ever be capable of.  Check them out, they really are great folks.

0 Likes