View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Battery issues? maybe..?
jenn571
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a bb 8330 and I started having that problem too.  Sometimes when I made a call, I couldn't hear the ringing and/or the other person on the other end, but they could hear me.  Or when someone called me, it wouldn't ring, just beep once to tell me I have a missed call.  It was frustrating and looked online to find a solution.  Many just said to do a battary pull and things should go back to normal and it did.  The phone would work just fine.  It happened 2 or 3 times before I realised that the mysterious mute would occure right after I would recieve an mms voice message.  My sis-in-law and I like to send voice messages instead of text since you can say more.  I finally found some info on this problem and it's a common problem w/ certain bb devices.  I also found another solution instead of the battary pull.  Now when I reacieve a voice mms message and listen to it, I close it, delete it, and then click on the video icon on my bb and play a video for a few seconds, stop and close it.  Afterwards my phone is back to normal and I can recieve calls and am able to hear the other person on the other end.  It's not the phone, I think it's the software.  

Check this link out, it may help you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/can-t-hear-caller-s-voice-25152/

0 Likes