View discussion in a new window

Replying to:
Re: Why Buy a Blackberry?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Hi! This is my first post, though I've been browsing the forums for a while. It sounds like you've made up your mind, but here's my 2 cents... I've had the Curve 8330 for 1.5 years. I ordered the EnV3 three days ago and it should be here Monday. The reason I chose to "downgrade" from a BlackBerry to a feature phone is because I work from home, so the BB is more than I need. I never used email on it. I also prefer to have a phone I can take anywhere and not have to worry about cold, humidity, sand, scratches, etc. And, this is just my own personal issue, but it really bugs me when people have their faces constantly in their smartphones instead of being fully present. The great thing about my BB, and what I may miss, is it's VERY dependable. I never had to worry about missing a call. There are thousands of apps for it, many free. And I did enjoy free streaming radio paired with a stereo headset. So, if you think you'll use push e-mail, have friends with BBs whom you can use Messenger with (free IM), like free Internet radio and will use mobile web browsing, you might like a BB. Also Crackberry has social groups, so you can exchange PINs to use Messenger with people all over who have like interests. OK, long-winded much? I'm really hoping I like the EnV3. I would love getting a $50 phone bill instead of $80+! My friend just downgraded from a smartphone to the Razzle and likes it. My husband wishes I'd stay with BB, because my learning curve on a feature phone is frustrating after having a smartphone. Best of luck with your new phone! Hope you like it!
0 Likes